I recently bought a complete Spa Pak from SpaGuts for my 15 year old ThermoSpas Phoenix hot tub.I bought the VS-500Z kit .

I paid to have it configured, and for an ozone generator and a 3 yr. extended warranty. The good news is, it is a well engineered kit and installation was pretty easy and seems to be working well. When I received the kit, there was a piece of paper talking about buying a spare heater element to keep on hand.

Having been a spa owner for 15 years or so I agreed with this. Elements do fail. Now, I wanted the titanium 5.5KW, 220 volt element. SpaGuts offered one for like $80, with a 5 yr.

warranty. I checked with Amazon.Com and they had a 5.5KW 220 volt titanium element, sold by, you guessed it, SpaGuts for like $57, free shipping and a 5 year warranty. I jumped on that like a hobo on a hot dog. I received the element OK, but the invoice showed a 1 year warranty.

I complained to Amazon, which passed the complaint along to SpaGuts. I received a response from SpaGuts and they said Amazon made a mistake in their ad and the element only had a 2 year warranty. My head is spinning, 5yr, 1 yr, 2yr. I have a serious doubt concerning the integrity of SpaGuts now.

I really wonder if my 3 yr. extended warranty on the Spa Pak is worth the paper it's printed on.

I doubt I'll do any more business with SpaGuts.What ever happened to integrity and customer service?

Review about: Warranty.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Had an Experience with Spaguts?

Comments

Got to the Better Business bureau website like I did and file a complaint. Doesn't take that long. Here is the link